Code Gym - July 21, 2015
Big morning for Code Gym! I was the first one there but wasn’t alone for long!
We had quite the turn out. Two first timers and four regulars. Lots of different coding at every level was going on:
- Justin - first timer. Came for help in getting started with Python development for translating his machine learning course. He’s also into Clojure and Hadoop, very ambitious!
- Christina - another first timer. Came for help in HTML and CSS. She asked why laying out a page is so hard. I shared that even I have a hard time with css so it is not her. She’s building a site for her friend. Also very ambitious.
- Gabriele - grinding away at his Scala side project of processing Italian train schedules. It’s very impressive the number of different rules are involved in basic train scheduling.
- Evie - getting to love C# more and more. Pairing with someone makes a big difference!
- Paul - catching up with his online algorithms course. Good job!
- Rachael - getting over her weekend cold and getting back into the things with Java. Nice. (and finishing Justin’s install of linux in virtualbox.)
- Me - Helping Justin get setup with python, linux, and virtualbox.
- Kat - she was up but had a more important place to be. :-)
Looking forward to Thursday’s code gym, see everyone there!